20090928

What Makes Ghosts Go Away?

Her words of explanation were only these.

It is for people whom we care nothing about that we demand happiness on any terms: with our friends, our lovers, our children, we are exacting and would rather see them suffer much than be happy in contemptible and estranging modes.
--C.S. Lewis

You see me every now and then. You purposefully look away. How do i get back there? That small window of time where we were happy. That window haunts me. Because something so pure became covered in dirt. What picked me up also hurt. But what's music without dissonance? What's love without heartache? No pain no gain i guess. You can't cook without making a mess.

The good guy will come out on top at the end of the story though, right?... RIGHT???

Regardless, I'm much better now. I hold my own unlike back then. I don't cling. I've got close friends. I'm not afraid to sing. I'm not afraid to bend. And oh how i wish i met you now instead. But would I have grown as much as I did?

Perhaps I'll never know. One day I'll realize.
Though we're alone. It's a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment