20090807

Nice of You to Stop By!

Doubt I see we meet again.
You visit so often you must be a friend.

I have good manners so I let you in.
In the back of my head, I know where you've been.

You say there's things I mustn't need
You know where it hurts, you know where I bleed

You plea your case logically.
Explain it all in depth to me.

You show me lots of evidence
and ask me to use common sense.

But Doubt, I'm afraid I disagree
with "common sense" and "reality."

See, you draw lines I dare not cross,
but my good friend, you're not the boss.

I'm sorry, though, you mustn't be sad.
I'm just not the type to be had.

Now if you don't mind, I've tasks at hand.
Loved the chat, but I have bigger plans.

You're welcome to stay. That goes without mention.
But I can't promise I'll pay you much attention.

I shan't let disbelief run amok.
So I must be off now...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment