20090405

Anybody Disagree?

Thursday night: some people have started their spring break and some of us haven't.

Laying in my bed, preparing for my computer orientation class the following day (kidding), enjoying my favorite part of the day (sleep), I was soon startled awake by an abrupt interruption which awful-fied the world as i knew it.

I awoke shaking....my bed was rattling. a crowd outside was screaming at the top of their lungs as if they were aboard the titanic while it were sinking.

The low rumble surrounding my room convinced me that dinosaurs somehow came back to life and were on a gruesome blood-curdling rampage. So naturally, I walked to the window and opened the blinds (expecting to see T-Rexes tearing humans apart)

To my distaste, i didn't see the T-Rexes. No, Instead i saw a circus ring of 6 cars...each blaring their own, harmonious/beautiful music at a volume level that should have caused deafness to every person within a 3.14 (pi) mile radius.

Did you guess what the wonderful harmonious music they were playing, excuse me, blasting! was? Effing Modern Commercialized American Rap. My least fav style in the world right now. Meaningless lyrics, the non race problem causing "n" word about 17 times, and The Bass turned up to the decibel equivalent to cannon shots fired in the war of 1812. Perfect formula for a Modern day hit song!

Don't get me wrong....i don't dislike rap: Tupac Shakur, Q-tip, Common, Flying Lotus....Those are geniuses that make rap/hip hop.... I absolutely loved 90's rap and hip hop and can go on with the artists. But modern Day is just a bunch of BS.

To top it all off, I think every person in the apartment complex frenzied around these rumbling cars. Were they actually listening to the music? HELLLLL NOO! They were chanting at the top of their lungs. Screaming i tell you!

Ironically i thought to myself the song "What A Wonderful World"

But they were just relentless in screaming to the sound of blaring low rumbles. I guess thats what they call "listening to music." All in all, I actually feel kinda sorry for them. they probably never actually heard a song, and probably never will again because theres a 90 percent chance they became deaf overnight.

I still can't get over the savagery. I think i'd rather have the dinosaurs come back than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment