20090416

this book is coming to an end

You didn't have the guts enough
to tell it to my face
You were too sensitive
to call me a waste
times that i needed you
you laughed and looked away
your immature to my dismay
I'm just piecing it together
this process was much too slow
you need help more than me
but you'll never see
you'll never know

in all this cynicism
all this disbelief
all this insecurity
all this omniscience
all these false hopes
all these false dreams
all my wishful thinking

The last thing i wanted was for you to prove me right

The pattern continues
the lights again fade
i feel as though
I'll always feel this way
you wanted something constant
here it is
this cycle, this sad routine, this trend
It's become clear
that was the last time we became friends
that was it
no more effort
we're not worried anymore
we're not concerned
feelings follow up with burns
lesson learned lesson learned
this is the moment it all makes sense
we're better off in each others absence

officially invisible
no longer a friend
not yours truly,
stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment