20090405

Awkwardness Will Never Fail Me

Midnight, outside on the balcony, strumming my guitar, trying to write new material. Thats when She got out of her car...

She had just pulled into the parking lot moments ago. It was a fairly new red pontiac looking vehicle, and unlike the majority of other college student cars, ran quiet and smoothly. Driving across the parking lot (a few complexes down) she soon parked, opened the door, and said "hey" with a moderate tone that echoed enough to make its way swiftly across the parking lot. I was paying very little to no attention until the reverberations reached my ears.

Looking down, i couldn't tell who she was or why she was engaging in conversation across an open lot with a stranger. "I think I know you" she said..."i work in the office"

It only took a fraction of a second before i recognized her as the student office worker since i'd been bugging her for days. (I've been waiting for a book that i ordered off ebay to come in the mail...all packages go to the office first...so everyday for 3 weeks i'd ask her if it came in yet)

Anywho, after she said "i work in the office" i responded by shouting this wonderful non-awkward phrase across the parking lot at midnight:

"Oh yea, You're the one who looked at my Package!"

yep, i said it....and most remarkably, she then told me her name was Bethany and to stop by during the hours she worked in the office.

coincidence, or a new pick up line?

No comments:

Post a Comment