20090405

A Wonderuful Reaction

In boredom, i decided to run away tonight.

I stuck a pillow along with a toothbrush in my backpack, rode my bicycle with a flat tire down the street to a remote location, and sat in the grass with a stick in my hand hoping to flag down Stan Shunpike and his Knight Bus.

tic toc tic toc tic toc.....1 hour later....no cigar. At this point i was exhaustedly laying in the grass, still with my stick weakly held up, as if stan might mistake the twig for a phoenix feathered wand.

cars slowly passed in a seldom pattern and each pair of headlights that went by gave me a smaller expectation for escape. The mosquitoe bites weren't helping my cause either.

I was watching fireworks in the distance as they flared in the half moon sky, scattering upon explosion. The pops and crackles of them meshed with the cricket noise. The cricket noise that everyone fails to pinpoint where exactly it's coming from. The serene environment put me in a almost asleep, yet still conscious of my surroundings phase. and THATS when a slowly passing black SUV stopped, and put it in reverse.

It's always when i'm sidetracked or least expect it that an incident occurs. By the time i look over at the reversing SUV, a man is getting out and walking toward me frantically asking are you alright? are you ok? do you need help?

I hadn't really paid much attention to my current disposition but to say the least, the man had every right to think i was dying. After all, I was laying, arms folded, on the edge of the rode in some dark grassy field with a backpack thrown on one side, and my flat tired bike on the other.

It took a second or 2 before i could react to the concerned stranger walking closer. I remained laying until he reached my injured looking self. As he hovered over me, I couldn't tell what he looked like, except he had a beard, and it sounded like he was in his 30's.

Now time for my wonderful reaction!

I raised my head a bit to end his concern, still slightly in a daze, and the first words to escape my mouth was, "are you Stan Shunpike?" He said er...no...are you ok? I said yes thank you and got up, grabbed my backpack, ascended onto a bike with a deflated front tire, and pedaled down a dark rode back towards my apartment. The End....

No comments:

Post a Comment