20090405

The Lost Feline 2

*Adventurous music plays while someone enthusiastically declares*

"Stephen and The Lost Feline...Part deux!

Chapter 2: Surrender or Death

No doubt in my mind shadowed the possibility of Clementine's hatred towards me. Clementine is the name i decided to give orange stray cat as i carelessly ran the red light in pursuit. Now in my apartment complex at a halt, i watched Clementine, confined by the truck, looking around frantically, constantly popping it's head back towards me just to make sure i wasn't making a sudden bold move toward it. I couldn't help but feel a small sense of satisfaction, and in result, a demented grin came upon my face.

I wanted Clementine. I needed Clementine. No, not to keep in my apartment. After all, we aren't allowed to have pets here. Plus... i don't have money to feed a cat or buy it kitty treats or give it kitty litter. geez. I just wanted Clementine to "stop by" my apartment every once in a while so i could give him a piece of cheese or pb&j or an orange or something. Like a snack!

Anyways, even though i had all night, I decided to make a move toward Clemy.
...one step, two step
after those steps, Clem stopped looking around and put all it's focus in staring at me. Such piercing eyes.

Thoughts of having a pet stray kitty were running through my head. All my friends would be jealous of such an orange pet cat.

"No one's gonna hurt you Clemy..."
he looked at me in disbelief

Despite the fact that me and Kitty's eyes were deadlocked, once again i courageously pressed forward. Knowing one wrong move could tear apart my chances, hopes, and dreams. Oddly but not surprisingly, as if we were dancing, the steps i made forward, Clem did backwards at exactly the same time.
Eyes still locked...One Step, Two Step, Thre-KITTY TAKES OFF from under this very much low rider truck i didn't think it could fit under.

My grin faded. I followed him as fast as i could as he made a dash under a line of what may well have been about 30 parked cars.

But alas, maybe i got up on the right side of the bed when i woke up that morning. Maybe i picked up a lucky penny that contained my birth year. Maybe both the Roman AND Greek mythological gods were on my side....Regardless, a miracle happened before my very own eyes.

Clem ended his speedy dash and felt it to be a good hiding place under one peculiar car. A huge car that can easily be mistaken for a boat. 1989 Lincoln Towncar to be exact. A Towncar whose owner also happens to be the author of this note.

Kitty was under MY car in front of MY apartment, starving and scared in the wee early hours of the morning while it was still pitch black. Kitty was now on my turf. My home court. What a great position to negotiate seeing how he was on my private property times 2.

The way i saw it, Clementine had two options as clear as day. Succumb to my kindness....or DIE! from lack of food and water of course.

What did Clementine choose?
How Desperately did i want to catch Clementine?
Is this really what i do in my free time?

The saga Concludes in a dramatic Episode 3 of "Stephen and The Lost Feline"

All Questions Answered!
No absurd down payments!
No Credit, No Problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment