20090405

The Lost Feline

My morning was spent trying, no, STRUGGLING, to catch a particularly orange stray cat. Yielding a piece of bread, i thought i could bribe him/her to like me.

The chase started at the gas station. I first caught glimpse of him/her, strutting slowly and silently around bushes beside the car wash, peering intently at the world while keeping a high degree of stealth. I made the 1st bad mistake. I rode my bike toward it. Did bright orange cat freak? that's an understatement.

Cat retreated to the undeveloped dirt yard in front of little caesars in more than a dashing pace. Of course i didn't know he was hiding in the field until somewhat later. I lost him about 2 seconds after he ran from the car wash.

My discovery of bright orange cat in the field was aided by something i thought meaningless till this night. My LED pen light that i won at a fair in canfield some time ago. I keep it with my other school supplies in my backpack for some unknown reason. LED pen light has been a good conversation starter in some cases actually. I've always been a pack rat. off topic

Flashing my pen light around, I soon crossed orange cat's eyes which glittered like 4th of july when reflecting the light. Once again orange cat, agitated by another force's presence, took off...this time crossing the street to my apartment complex, score! However, I knew orange stray cat meant business because when he crossed the intersection, it was a red light.

Pursueing on my bike, i somehow managed to keep sight and pace with cat. I managed to create a more successful scenario however, by laying off cat's trail. Giving him enough breathing space also gave him a sense of security. Enough for him to make a stop and hide under a ford wrangler.

That was my cue. That was my chance. Poor little orange cat was confined by the muffler of a full sized american automotive, and there was nothing he could do about it! I felt as though the world was on a string and i was sitting on a rainbow.

Did bright orange cat know i was on to him?
Were my intentions good or bad?
Did I ever catch stray cat and how?
What was i doing at a gas station at 4 A.M with bread?
Did i cleverly foreshadow the answers to all these questions?

(all questions asked while heavy organ augmented chords are played in the background)

Find out next time, how the adventures of Stephen and the Lost Feline plays out.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment